One of the best greens in Hertfordshire – in our opinion, of course.
The green has closed for the 2023 season, but we are still open for winter activities, so why not ask about joining our wonderful Club.
Welwyn & District Bowls Club is owned and run by the members for the members. We have one of the finest greens in Hertfordshire.
Our club maintains its own bowls green, clubhouse, bar, and kitchen facilities. We offer an excellent opportunity for players of all levels and the ability to enjoy bowls, both on and off the green.
Whether you are new to bowls and keen to try out the sport for the first time, or you are an established player looking for a club to join; there will be a warm welcome waiting for you at our club.
We offer a comprehensive range of activities to suit the individual including, three weekly roll-ups, internal club competitions, and midweek and weekend friendly fixtures with other local clubs. More experienced bowlers can also participate in National, County, District, League, and Club representative matches.
So, why play Bowls?
Everybody should be able to realise the joy and benefit of playing sport, and there are so many reasons why bowls is ideally placed to unlock these fantastic advantages. Here are our top 5 reasons to give bowls a try:
1. Playing bowls is very doable, whatever your physique, bowls is a sport for you and it will help improve your fitness levels and mental wellbeing.
2. Bowls is not expensive, to get going you don’t need lots of new kit and clubs put on taster sessions for free. Even when you get the bug, a set of bowls can cost very little.
3. After football, bowls has the second highest number of clubs in the country, with so many places to play, it’ll take no time at all to get to a bowls club close to your home.
4. Compared to most sports, age and gender differences have less of an effect on a game of bowls, so it’s a perfect sport to spend time and enjoy a bit of friendly competition with your family.
5. Bowls clubs are sociable places full of people looking to have fun, so bowls is a great way to relax, make new friends and feel part of your local community.
We have an excellent team of qualified coaches who offer free support and advice to both new bowlers, and those wishing to develop their game.
Click on the image for details.
Interested in our Club?Like to know more?
We would love to have the opportunity to tell you more on the sport of bowls.